If hitting all the so-called single spots isn’t helping you find your dream match, rethink your routine with some out-of-the-box guy-meeting tactics.
1. Find your friends’ friends : Combine your love of online shopping with the best way to meet eligible men —through friends, recommends Rachel Greenwald, author of Why He Didn't Call You Back:1,000 Guys Reveal What They REALLY Thought About You After Your Date. Scroll through your friends’ friends on social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook and play a game Greenwald calls, “I Spy a Cute Guy.” Find someone intriguing who’s also single (check with your mutual friend if his profile is private)? Ask to be introduced. “Because Facebook isn’t an official online dating site, the pressure is off,” she says. “You can get to know each other first as friends and go from there.”
2. Brush up on current affairs : It’s a good idea to make info-gathering an everyday part of your life—and not to impress guys (even though it’s a fact that they like smart, well informed babes), but for your own IQ and confidence. Make news channels like Times Now, CNN or BBC your Internet home page, subscribe to political and news magazine that gives you each week’s news stories. You’ll be able to strike up a conversation in no time.
3. Twitter for love : Everyone seems to have been bitten by the Twitter bug. Now use Twitter for more than getting the lowdown of your friends’ lives. Send a tweet on Friday afternoon that you’re meeting friends at your favorite watering hole for an impromptu happy hour. Tell your followers to bring their friends. You’re bound to meet new people, and even if they’re not single, they might know someone to fix you up with later.”
4. Go Solo : It can feel odd to watch a movie by yourself or sit solo at a coffee shop, but many happily attached women know that spending some time by yourself is a surefire way to meet someone great, says Karrine Steffans, author of The Vixen Manual. So chill at a Barista with your laptop and a latte, take your dog for a long walk or treat yourself to lunch at an outdoor café—solo!
5. Say Yes More Often : It can be tempting to cancel on a party invite if you’re feeling pooped or dying to catch the new episode of your favourite show, but accepting an invite or two each month that you’d otherwise turn down can give your love life a life, says Brenda Della Casa, author of Cinderella Was A liar: The Real Reason You Cannot Find (Or Keep) A Prince. Asked out by a guy who doesn’t fit your dream definition? Just say yes!
6. Recycle the single guys you know : Everyone knows interesting guys who aren’t right for them (think your single best male pal, coworker or a former date who’s now just a friend) but who might be right for someone else. Go ahead and guy-cycle. Organise a low-key get-together and recycle those 'great-but-not-for-you' guys by inviting single women to the party. Set a one-single-guy minimum, encouraging female guests to bring at least one guy they’d recommend to other girls. Then watch the sparks fly!
7. Get sweaty !: Local sports clubs let you get in shape by playing softball, swimming, karate, tennis or any other sport you enjoy, and they’re full of athletic, fun-loving guys.
8. Learn how his stomach thinks : The best place to meet guys is at a busy restaurant at lunch. So head out more often for that lunch break at a popular eatery as there is always a line of cute guys around the corner. Apart from a heart meal, men feel these are perfect places to strike up a conversation.
9. Make more female friends : The next time you walk into a party, don’t scan the room for handsome men only, but rather seek out the most social, outgoing woman you can find. Get to know her and invite her for coffee. Chances are, if you were drawn to her, she’ll have a lot of other friends—including male ones—who were drawn to the same qualities as you.
article source: timesofindia